This has been annoying me for ages. Here’s the rather hidden means Facebook provides to block apps from sending notifications, etc.
- In Facebook, click the world icon at the top of the page.
- Click “see all notifications” at the bottom of the popup.
- If you can’t find the world icon use this link to go to the notifications directly.
- Click on the X on the right side of the offending notification.
- Click change app settings.
- Select to notify NEVER.
These instructions were blatently stolen from the helpful Daniel Travolto.